We all want to get the exercise that we need in order to remain healthy. But many of us also know that exercising can be boring and very strenuous at times. Yet for those of you who are sports enthusiasts, athletics is a great way to get a good workout while also having a good time. Here is a list of the top 10 sports activities that will give your body a good exertion.
1. Swimming: Maybe swimming does not sound so appealing to you. What can be fun about swimming back and forth and doing laps? Well there are other ways to get a good workout in the pool. You can sign up for classes or clubs such as a water polo club or a swimming fitness class. These activities will not only give you a quality burn, but you will also have a grand time while you’re at it.
2. Walking: True, walking doesn’t sound like much of a sport, but the fact is that walking is an organized sport and there are even races all around the world! Walking is one of the healthiest ways to keep your heart going strong. Look for walking clubs or races around your area and you will be sure to have a great time. And if you don’t think this one works your whole body think again. You have to use those hips if you want to move!
3. Biking: Biking is one of everyone’s favourite activities. It is something you can do with the whole family as a unit on a nice Sunday, or you can do it more competitively if you’d like. No matter what biking is a great way to stay in shape. Biking may seem like a lower body workout only but those arms are working fairly hard to balance yourself while gripping those steers.
4. Basketball: Here is one of the favourites amongst the sports. Basketball is truly a jolly good time if you can get yourself into it. Not only is the game pure fun, but you will be running and jumping around without even noticing it!
5. Football: The world’s favourite sport is not just a game made for the professionals. Football is one of the best cardiovascular sports that you can participate in. With such a big field and only one tiny little ball you’re forced to chase people around like you’re playing a game of tag.
6. Aerobics Classes: These cardiovascular wonders have been popular for a while now. Anything from Kenpo to plyometrics classes, calories will surely be burned and the entire body will benefit. Easily one of the best ways to work the body.
7. Hula Hooping: OK, this may seem plain silly, but quit being so pretentious! Grab a hula-hoop and let those hips fly! This is a quality workout that can be great fun and surely hilarious. With all that movement in your hips you will peel a great load off.
8. Ultimate Frisbee: Here’s one that has flown under the radar as of lately. Ultimate Frisbee is such an inclusive sport with regards to you entire body. Not only are you running and jumping, but also all of the catching and throwing keeps a good movement going on your arms and stomach.
9. Boxing: Again, like American Football, don’t freak out about its intensity. You don’t have to get in the ring and throw hay makers at one another. Put on a boxing helmet and spar with light hits, focusing more on your movement.
10. Tennis: What better way to get a full body work load than to run back and forth and hit a ball? Tennis is great fun and surely will kick you into gear.
By: Mandy Waters
It’s really cool! I used to have cable, but I got rid of it in favor of watching TV and Movies online, and especially sports. One problem I had with my cable company was that they didn’t have as many channels as I wanted. See I love to watch football, and I love the Florida State University, and Seminoles Football, and I love to watch them play. Now I couldn’t watch many of their games as my local cable company didn’t have very many channels that would broadcast the smaller games, plus I live in another state now. But since I now watch TV and Movies online, I have over 750 channeks in the U.S. alone and I can catch every game. So I can watch football online, or just about any sport, and as a matter of fact if it’s broadcast in the U.S. or for that matter anywhere in the world most likelyI can watch any sport online.
I’ve watched beach babes play beach volleyball live, seen soccer in Belarus, diving in Madagasgar, and rock climbing in Thailand. It’s incredible the possibilities…
Not only can you watch sports online, but think about the vastness of our planet and all the different cultures, and interests, and TV shows. You can learn about another country, do research for your next vacation, or practice learning a new language and you can submerse yourself in the language. The options are endless.
The point is that watching sports online is really the way to go, as at any one time, there are probably a hundred different sports being broadcast around the world, and you don’t have the cost of cable or any of the hassles associated with it, or the expense.
By: Jonathan Dugan
Anime appeals to everyone ranging from children to adults and deals with diverse themes in science fiction, sports, horror and romance. Unlike animation, anime has a certain element of realism, like suffering, emotions and death which increases both the content and its pedagogical value.
Popularity of anime is increasing steadily both in terms of audience and range. The craze of American children for the recent Pokémon series, including Pokémon cards and other Pokémon products, like video games attests to its wide appeal. One old controversy in anime fandom was over the watching of anime movies being subtitled, or redubbed in English. Now with the popularity of DVD, this also is less likely, since most DVD discs include both a redub and subtitled track. The growing popularity of anime has resulted in a large number of clubs in colleges, high schools and public libraries devoted to this topic. Conventions are taking place in America and other western countries. Anime is winning great sales and fans than ever witnessed before!
Walt Disney’s, release of Japanese blockbuster “Spirited Away” which even beat “Titanic” in Japan, was a huge success in the west. Director Hayao Miyazaki is being praised by the movie reviewers, for giving attention to the minutest details relating to arts and crafts in the film. Anime movies and programs in the west, like the famous Walt Disney and Fox TV network, add to a whopping $2 billion in annual profits to the animation film industry.
Few years ago, there were just few anime TV shows, but today every child channel is saturated with Japanese cartoons and are rising in popularity amongst youngsters. Bandai entertainment, a Japanese toy and anime company said it released 75 anime TV shows and movies in the U.S last year, which shows a huge rise in demand for anime movies as compared to releases made during the previous years.
Anime is the fastest growing segment, in video and DVD marketing. A D Vision was the first anime company in US in 1992, now there are 20 similar companies. Anime movies are relatively low cost budget movies. If you consider the cost of making film in today’s high risk industry, anime is cheap, for instance Titanic cost $100 Million. Animes success in the west is gradual. The first turning point was the advent of Internet during the mid 80’s.The next wave of anime frenzy lashed in 1998-89 with Pokémon. With blockbuster releases like “Spirited Away” anime is the buzz word amongst youngster nowadays.
By: Roberto Bell
A pub or restaurant is a place where sports enthusiasts can enjoy a meal and have a few drinks while watching “the big game” on a big-screen TV. Its challenge but great opportunity for potential enthusiast to running a sports bar. For a profitable and successful bar sports here are some thing that must be consider while you going to run a sports bar franchise.
• Choose a location –How successful is your business may be considered by your business location. Location can play a crucial role in the success of your business. Always choose a great location in the eye of the beholder. It’s beneficial to you having your business location in booming area because you might not have problems getting customers. If you have your business in less popular area than you has to spend money for advertising it.
• Consider what type of environment you want to convey – It relates to your sports bar setup and decoration such as lighting of the bar, location of tables, location of TV throughout the bar and location of the decorative items.
• Obtain liquor license – Its must for every sports bar to getting a license that serves liquor. This should be done as soon as possible. Getting license could take more than one year or it may be depends on your rules and regulation of your area. Cost may be between hundred dollars to thousand dollars to getting a liquor license. The cost may be varies in different states according to their rules and regulation. The cost of your license is depends on size of your sports bar.
• Decide o the menu – You must need to provide a menu option for your foods such as pizza, burgers, buffalo, and sandwiches.
• Hire employees that fit the images of your sports bar – You should to hire professional employee to your sports bar.
By: Ashok Vishal